Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Crabby Potstickers

My family and I are big fans of Chinese food. There used to be a take-out place not far from the house I grew up in called Jade Dragon. They had exceptional Chinese food. We usually ordered the same thing every time, and the orders always included Crab Rangoons, a type of fried potsticker filled with crab meat and cheese. My mom especially likes Rangoons, so the other day at the grocery store we picked up some seafood cheese spread and some immitation crab meat. We chopped up the meat, added some thinly sliced green onions, salt pepper, lemon juice, and the cheese. We stuffed the potsticker rolls and folded over with her nifty potsticker maker. Don't forget the water to seal the edges!


We made a couple dozen and froze them. I cooked a few up for lunch the other day by pan-frying them in a little veggie oil until the outsides were brown and crispy. We had ordered Chinese the other day (including some crab rangoons, but these were shaped as tasty pouches) and had a little leftover sweet and sour sauce which made for a delicious addition to the crispy triangles.


I've made other potstickers lately. Ground beef, veggie, mexican flavored with cilantro and jalapenos. I'd like to try some other unorthodox potsticker flavors like BBQ chicken, mozzarella with sundried tomato and basil, and maybe bacon cheeseburger. There are few things that couldn't be improved on while in a crispy and flakey shell. Feel free to share any other stuffing ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment